Small catamaran as universal floating platform for building boats with various functions.
When defining the main design assumptions, we were aware of how difficult it is to enter the market with a new product.
- We needed a multi-variant design that could be easily adapted to the various needs of potential customers.
- Such a project should not be expensive when building a prototype.
We have no problem with ideas for new things.
The idea was born to design a catamaran with identical floats, connected by a simple, open deck.
universal floating platform
Length 5.5m, breadth 2.5m, height 1.05m
Based on this platform, you can build boats with various functions.
- The deck is a sandwich structure with a thickness of abt. 30 mm.
- The floats are divided by bulkheads into four watertight compartments. Each of them is equipped with an inspection hatch with a diameter of 20cm.
- The whole platform weights abt. 360 kg.
The float is designed without a sharp end of the waterline at the bow, so that its entire length can be safely used without excessive trim at the bow.
The prototype's deck looked completely different
Wooden, simple, easy to process – temporary.
With the first prototype, we tested the catamarans’s response to heeling and trim.
The tests were positive.
The boat turned out to be very safe.